Companion passes

Some Local Authorities in the NoWcard area offer disabled applicants a companion entitlement. This is a discretionary concession paid for by the local authority for its residents only and for travel within a fixed boundary. Companions will be able to travel at the same concession as the pass holder within this boundary only. The companion element will not be valid throughout the rest of England.

Cumberland and Westmorland and Furness

If you cannot travel without help then your carer will be able to travel with you free of charge. This is a discretionary concession which the county council has decided to offer. Your companion is only able to travel at the same time as you within the county's boundary. If you require this concession you will need to provide evidence that you are unable to travel without assistance.

The concession is for people who genuinely cannot travel without accompaniment.

Blackburn With Darwen, Blackpool and Lancashire

Companion passes are not available in Lancashire, Blackburn with Darwen or Blackpool.

Other authorities

Please contact your local authority for details of concessions offered to residents.

If you have further queries please contact us.